Registration for 2019-2020 Opens 1/8/2019 at 9:00AM
|Basswood||Cedar Island||Fernbrook||Rice Lake|
|Rush Creek (Bee Room)||Rush Creek (Owl Room)||Weaver Lake||Woodland|
Jump start your child's enthusiasm for Kindergarten! It's care - preschool and learning each and every day! Four Star Express is a unique child care and preschool program that jump starts your child's readiness for Kindergarten. The purpose is to provide a cooperative and developmentally appropriate child care/preschool program that supports the care and early learning needs of four year old children in a school setting.
Theme-based Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum
- 40 weeks of theme-based curriculum developed specifically to support your child's success
- Social-skill building
- Music and creative arts
- Physical education
- Technology, media and computer
- Literacy skill building utilizing the preschool version of District 279 Reading Curriculum
- Math utilizing the preschool version of District 279 Math Curriculum
- Access to school lunch
- Field trips and special events
- Mentoring by older students
- Progress conference
And most importantly - offered in the safe and caring environment of an elementary school.
- The program is available 6:30am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday.
- 2018-2019 Program runs Tuesday, September 4th-Thursday, June 6th and is open most non-school days.
- Four Star welcomes all children 4 years of age by September 1st of the attending school year.
- Four Star Express Basic Information.
- Information on registering for the Four Star Express program.
- Locations include Basswood Elementary, Cedar Island Elementary, Fernbrook Elementary, Rice Lake Elementary, Rush Creek Elementary, Weaver Lake Elementary, and Woodland Elementary.
- Registration opens at 9 am on 1/8/19 and is limited to 20 students per class section. Rooms are filled on a first-come-first-serve basis.Students must be 4-years-old by September 1st of the attending year to be eligible.
- Registration will close on 8/27/19, and any students registering after that time will not be able to start until 9/9/19.
- A deposit of $249.00 is required at the time of registration, which will be applied to your final week's bill.
- Enrollment in elementary school is based on school attendance areas. Participation in Four Star Express does not guarantee enrollment at an elementary that falls outside of your school’s attendance area. Registering in Weaver Lake or other Four Star Express locations does not automatically enroll students in Weaver Lake Elementary or the attending school for the following year.
The registration process is complete when we receive your child’s birth certificate and immunization record. We must receive your child’s records no later than one week after registration has been accepted. A district nurse will review your child’s immunization record to ensure it is complete. Send all records and communications to CECares@district279.org
- Total Yearly Tuition is $9960 or 40 Weekly Tuition Payments of $249
- Weekly payments are due the 1st day of each week.
- All accounts are required to be set up using autopay with a bank account or credit card payment method.
- Financial assistance may be available from Hennepin County for families who qualify (612-348-5937)
- Limited scholarships are available. Email CECares@district279.org for an application.
**Please be aware of all cancellation and billing policies available on your registration Terms and Conditions and in our Family Handbook**