In Osseo Area Schools, we know kindergarten is an important step in your child’s life. Our student-centered program is taught by experienced staff who love children and are dedicated to helping your child succeed in school. To be eligible to enroll in kindergarten, students must be five years of age on Sept.1 of the school year for which admission is requested. If your child does not meet the age requirements for kindergarten, you may wish to consider enrolling in a preschool or prekindergarten program.
In the winter of every year, the school district sends a brochure to families of children who are eligible to enroll in kindergarten the following year. If you have not received a brochure by Oct. 1, you might not be in our school district census. Please call 763.391.7056 to request that a census form be mailed to you to ensure that you receive future communications.
- Know when to do what: Kindergarten enrollment timeline
- Print and complete the kindergarten enrollment packet (forms available here)
- Early Childhood Screening (state requirement for kindergarten)
- Before & After School Child Care (Kidstop)
- What Kindergartners Learn
- Getting Ready: Transition to Kindergarten
Early entrance to kindergarten
The deadline for applying for Early Entrance to Kindergarten has passed and we are in the middle of our three-month, multi-phase assessment process. We are not accepting new applicants and are unable to make exceptions.