2020 Summer Registration Opens January 14, 2020
Running Summer Monday -Friday, June 11- August 26 (Closed July 3rd)
This Page's Infomation is Subject to Change Prior to January 14, 2020
2020 SPOT is Located at Maple Grove Middle School
SPOT (Grades 6-8) is a place for older youth to not only hang out and make new friends but a program that is truly designed by youth for youth. Our staff places a heavy emphasis on leadership development with program participants who develop/assist in developing field trips, activities, service opportunities and more!
- Open to students entering 6th through 8th grade.
- Programming will take place from June 11 to August 26 at Maple Grove Middle School.
- Registration for Summer 2020 begins on 1/14/20. We will continue to take enrollments until the site is at capacity, at which point we will begin a waitlist.
Quality Summer Fun!
Community Education through Osseo Area Schools offers fun and engaging summer care for students entering grades K-8. All summer programs include:
- Energy, nutrition, and wellness collaboration with Lifetime Fitness.
- Early morning and late afternoon clubs, camps, and games.
- Dedicated breakfast and afternoon snack. (Please provide lunch for your child each day)
- Weekly media time, reading, and book checkout with a district media specialist.
- Off-site field trips and on-site special events.
- Active exercise curriculum teaching healthy, positive and fit responses to life’s choices.
- Family Fun Run opportunity for a 1K/5K run/walk race.
- Hands-on activities that promote learning:
|Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM)||Teamwork|
|Healthy Culinary Innovations||Leadership Opportunities||Art|
|Community Service/Learning||Literacy||Field Trips|
SPOT Summer Family Preview, Orientation, and Sampler
Thursday, April 16, 2020
At Maple Grove Middle School
Pizza Dinner 6:00 pm
Formal Orientation 6:15 pm
Student Activity Sampler 6:15 pm – 8:00 pm
Casual Family Meet & Greet
Families can participate in a meet and greet, visit, ask questions, and interact with staff as we prepare our summer site.
Wednesday, June 10th, 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Summer 2020 Rates and Contract Options:
- Auto Payment is required
- We will continue to take enrollments until the site is at capacity, at which point SPOT will begin a waitlist.
- You can pick exactly what days you want your youth to attend this summer. The more days you pick, the cheaper the rate.
- Registering by the priority deadline 2/4/20 requires a non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 per student contract.
- Registration after the priority deadline (2/4/20) requires a non-refundable registration fee of $35.00 per student contract.
- An email notification will be given when your contract is accepted.
Before Commitment Deadline 5/20/20, 11:59 PM
- Families may drop and add days based on availability without a change fee. Some dates fill quickly (including field trip days) and may not be available due to staffing ratios or field trip ticket pre-orders.
- After 5/20/20, contracts are locked for the summer and subject to the commitment day policy in your terms and conditions.
After Commitment Deadline 5/20/20
- Families may cancel days for a fee if notice is received by Wednesday 11:59 pm prior to the affected week. The cancellation fee is $15 per child for each email (regardless of the number of days requested). Requests must be made to CECares@District279.org.
- Removing days are subject to daily rate fee adjustments.
- Rate adjustments are not retroactive and take effect moving forward.
- Days may be added at the Drop-In Rate on a space-availability basis by entering it in the registration system by Wednesday 11:59 pm prior to the week attending.
- No swapping or banking of days is allowed.
Contracts entered after May 20th are not guaranteed placement when summer begins on June 11th and are subject to space availability. An email notification will be given when your contract is accepted.
2020 Summer SPOT Rates Based On Days Attending
|NUMBER OF DAYS||RATE|
|"Same Day" Drop-In (Requires Active Contract||$54.29/Day|
|40 or More Days||$36.75/Day|
|The Spot program is open weekdays 6:30 am - 6:00 pm|
Summer 2020 Field Trips and Schedules (In Progress)
19 Summer SPOT Breakfast and Snack Menu (2020 Pending)
19 SPOT Summer Field Trips (2020 Pending)
SPOT reserves the right to cancel, reschedule, or adjust a program field trip location, date, or time. This adjustment could be due to weather, facility location, or program decision. If a cancellation or adjustment does occur on a day your child/children are scheduled to attend, families will not be allowed to switch days or have your account credited due to this change. We cannot control all circumstances related to field trips and will communicate with families as soon as we know of any changes to scheduled trips.